Featured Post

Oh Crystal!

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

BHUTAN DIARY - A PREVIEW

Mumbai. It is October in 2016. The monsoon has already overstayed its welcome this year and still the rains go on. Sick of a succession of gloomy months, I am looking for a break. Suddenly, sheer providence, and everything falls into place for a visit to Bhutan.



Why Bhutan?


Why Bhutan? you might ask, just for the sake of argument I suppose!

Well why not? would be my reply.

After all, the fact that 1 Ngultrum is equal to 1 Indian Rupee should itself settle that debate!! Add to it a certain air of mystery – nay, Mystique sounds a better choice – that is associated with Bhutan and the fact that one does not require a Visa to visit. And Oh did I mention the free border between Jaigaon on the Indian side and Phuentsholing on the other? If you live in Jaigaon, you can stroll across and have your evening cuppa at the Kizom Cafe in Bhutan – and pay for it in Indian currency to boot !!


Still reading? Then I can safely assume the moot point has been adequately addressed. Watch this space as I get on with my recollections about the Land of the Thunder Dragon...

3 comments:

  1. Well begun. Now don't stop, looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely comply with some points that you just have mentioned on this post. I appreciate that you just have shared some reliable recommendations on this review.

    ReplyDelete